The Vision of Revelation 12 – 14; The Rise of A Beast – World Government
By Thomas Taylor 04-05-2020
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW; CLICK IT AGAIN TO ZOOM IN.
Revelation chapters 12 -14 is a highly symbolic vision spanning the time of Israel giving birth to the Christ up until the wrath of God is poured out. These chapters are symbolic unlike most of the main narrative of Revelation that describes the Seven Seals, the Seven Trumpets, and the Seven Vials.
Who Is The Whore and the Dragon?
Rev 12:1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;
- THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE VISION THAT ENDS AT Rev 14:20
- This vision is full of symbols – not to be taken literally (unlike the rest of the book of Revelation).
- In these visions, the events are replayed from a different point of view. This point of view is looking at the defeat of man’s power/governments. The visions also can crunch events together that are far apart or spend more time explaining something that happens relatively fast – as if there is no time.
Rev 12:2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.
Rev 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.
Rev 12:4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.
- The tail phrase seems to be referring to events of the ancient past of the Dragon – Satan.
Rev 12:5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.
- rule = shepherd
Rev 12:6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
Satan and His Angels Thrown Down to Earth From Second Heaven
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,
- This is talking about in the second heaven above the earth where principalities rule but they will be kicked out and all devils are going to be on the earth for the Great Tribulation, the final 3 1/2 years.
Rev 12:8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.
- In Second Heaven, not Third Heaven where God’s Throne is. The were kicked out of Third Heaven several millennia ago.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.
- Second Heaven is cleared of Satan and his angels/demons. Authority over the earth is now in Christ’s hands right here. At this point, Satan could no longer be called the “god of this world.” His spiritual authority is ended and now all authority must be delegated in the earth realm from the evil spirits like satan to the Beast/antichrist.
It is apparent that from Second Heaven, the place of authority over the earth, Satan used to have a voice to accuse the brethren before God’s Throne.
- Salvation = soteria
- power = dunamis
- authority = exousia
- This is when the Beast Spirit, the 7th prince, will be cast to the earth to possess a man known as the antichrist. This is the mid-point of the final seven years.
Rev 12:11 “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.
Rev 12:12 “For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”
- Angels who are good are living in Second Heaven (notice “heavens” plural). Normally there must be a mix of both good and evil angels up there fighting it out in courts like politicians do for authority on the Earth. However, the war would mean the evil spirits are going to be literally fought and cast out of Second Heaven forever. So, at this moment in Revelation 12, it would be like one political party, the Democrats, were banished from Washington D.C. Therefore, the Republicans could take over 100%. Just imagine the joy in Second Heaven!!!
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.
Rev 12:14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
- This eagle really could be referring to the United States.
- Israel will have a remnant protected during the Great Tribulation, though many Jews will be slaughtered.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.
Rev 12:16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
- Don’t tell me the Church is not mentioned in Revelation after chapter 4 because they are right here! The Church will be attacked after the Jews by the antichrist.
- Who holds the testimony of Jesus? Christians. Pre-tribulation and Mid-tribulation rapture teachings are false! The Church needs to wake up to this truth now.
Who Is The First Beast? – World Government Run By The Antichrist and Ten Kings/Rulers
Rev 13:1 And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore. Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.
- A single beast will rise from the nations (“sea”). The seven heads, nations/kingdoms, will be of one heart and mind which is world-rule through a one-world government.
- There will be seven heads, nations/kingdoms, in the antichrist kingdom.
- The seven nations/kingdoms are 1. Britain, 2. Russia, 3. 1st Reich Germany/Holy Roman Empire (800-1806), 4. 2nd Reich Germany (1870 – 1919), 5. 3rd Reich Germany/Nazism (1933 – 1945), 6. 4th Reich Germany/E.U. (1958 – present), 7. A revised United Nations. Of course, three of these heads have already passed and the present will be the European Union.
- So in modern times, the beast will actually manifest as today’s United Kingdom, today’s Russian Federation, today’s European Union, and a future revised United Nations that will unite the Russian (and probably Chinese) East with the European West, including NATO forces. These all will become one single beast known as the antichrist kingdom. (see Dan 7:17).
- There will be ten horns – ten men that control the antichrist kingdom.
- Ten world leaders will give their allegiance to the revised United Nations. They will mostly come from the U.K., Russia, and E.U.
- Ten crowns indicate there will be a world government through this antichrist kingdom run by ten men that other nations will willingly submit their sovereignty to for a time.
- Upon the seven heads, which are nations/kingdoms, will be the name of blasphemy.
- These nation/kingdoms will hate God because of the socialistic and humanistic mind-set of its leaders. True Christianity and Judaism are the number one adversaries of the one-world government and religion. The antichrist kingdom will persecute God’s people.
- These ten world leaders rule nations like Germany, U.K., and Russia so they are major world leaders. But they will push to literally rule the entire world through the world-government of the revised U.N. They will only rule for short time with the revised U.N. because the nations will only give them power for a short time to subdue an immediate threat to the whole world.
- Rev_13:1; Rev_17:12; Rev_17:16; Dan_7:20
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.
- Notice that these beasts are in backward order compared with Daniel. Possibly that is because John is looking back at them While Daniel was looking ahead at them. Dan_7:17-19
- Since it only mentions one mouth, that is the main part of the beast and additional heads are more like smaller appendages.
- The Dragon was cast out of second heaven at this point, right before the 3.5 year mark. He cannot influence earth from Second Heaven’s authority any longer so he must give his authority, that man gives him through sin, to the Beast kingdoms of the earth that coalesce to form a one-world government.
- The antichrist kingdom will have within it the leopard (modern Germany/E.U.), bear (Russian Federation), and lion (U.K.).
- The devil will give his might or strength to this world-government entity.
- The devil will give his throne to this world-government entity.
- The devil will give his authority to this world-government entity.
- Rev_13:2; Dan_7:19; Joe_1:6
Rev 13:3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast;
- One of the heads of the beast were wounded to death- one of the nations/kingdoms were destroyed.
- Its wound healed – it arose from the destruction to become a nation again.
- This was the defeat of Hitler’s Germany in WWII. Germany is now a world-class power again as the major player in the E.U.
- After the destruction of the Berlin wall, dividing East and West Germany, the nation was healed.
- All the world will wonder after the Beast, all the kingdoms that are in power after the healing.
- Notice they wondered after the entire Beast, not the head that was healed. Since the Berlin wall came down, not only has East and West Germany united but also the East, namely Russia, and the West, namely Europe, will also unite. This will make the entire world wonder.
Rev 13:4 they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”
- Saying “Who is like the Beast and who can fight against it” is a type of worship. The world will worship the power that will be accumulated by this one-world government centered in Europe.
- The world will worship the dragon, Satan – to fawn, prostrate in homage, adore.
- This means they will honor and pay homage to all that Satan has implemented, including sin, the world system, the world government, and the world religion. It does not mean they will worship directly the name of Satan like a Satanic cult.
- The world will worship the Beast, the nations/kingdoms that unite to become the antichrist kingdom.
- Because of the great power that will result when the East joins the West, most of the world will subjugate themselves to the antichrist kingdom. They will honor this world government and world religion either out of agreement or fear.
- The world will wonder ‘Who could make war with the antichrist kingdom?’
- It will be evident, no nation or group of terrorist could succeed against something so powerful as the armies of NATO ( 3,370,000 troops) aligned with Russian (est. 766,000 troops) and probably Chinese forces (est. 2,300,000 troops).
Rev 13:5 There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.
- The antichrist kingdom will have a spokesperson, namely the antichrist.
- The antichrist kingdom will be in power for 42 months.
- The East and West will only unite for a short time, 42 months, and then Jesus returns to destroy their armies at Armageddon when they attempt to invade Jerusalem.
- At the midpoint of the seven years, the antichrist will be given authority to continue 42 months. This is the Great Tribulation where he will persecute the Jews and try to dominate the whole world. Also:
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
- The antichrist and his kingdom will make war with the saints – sacred, pure, blameless, religious, holy.
- There will be persecution of Christians and Jews by the antichrist kingdom.
The antichrist and his kingdom will overcome the saints – subdue, conquer, prevail, get the victory.
- “Power”, authority, is given to the antichrist and his kingdom over all kindreds – races, clans
- “Power”, authority, is given to the antichrist and his kingdom over all tongues – languages
- “Power”, authority, is given to the antichrist and his kingdom over all nations – peoples, nations, tribes
- The antichrist kingdom, revised U.N., will grant itself sovereignty over all nations claiming it was necessary to prevent world war. Some nations will willingly submit; others will not. It will be impossible to enforce this type of rule. All nations will not comply. But this verse just says the authority is put in place, not necessarily full martial implementation.
Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
Rev 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
- “Worship” can simply mean to bow down to…All will be forced to bow. We WILL NOT BOW!
- The Christians will not worship the dragon, the antichrist, the false prophet or the antichrist kingdom.
Rev 13:10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.
Who Is The Second Beast?
Rev 13:11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.
- The false prophet will exercise the power, authority, of the antichrist and his kingdom.
- The pope at that time will be implementing a unification of religions as the antichrist kingdom is implementing a unification of world governments into one.
- The U.N. will back the pope unifying religion into one because they need the religious aspect to give legitimacy to their take-over and to make it easier for the populace to comply.
- The false prophet will cause “the earth” to worship the first beast “whose deadly wound was healed” which is the antichrist kingdom.
- The pope will promote the worship of the one-world government, not the worship of the antichrist man!
- The pope will encourage all nations to comply with the one-world government of the revised U.N.
- The false prophet will cause the people within the nations to worship the first beast which is the antichrist kingdom.
- Because of his influence as the head of the Roman Catholic Church, the pope will make sure Roman Catholics comply with the one-world government and one-world religion.
- The pope will try to make other religions join in compliance as well.
- It is the pope that implements the 666 system not the one-world government necessarily. [Revelation 13:16, 17].
Rev 13:13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.
- fire – lightning
Rev 13:14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.
- The image is of the kingdom, not necessarily the antichrist man.
Rev 13:15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- This is likely software for computers and apps for cell phones that allows people to interact with the Beast.
- When the non-catholics, mainly Christians, don’t worship the one-world government and join the pope’s one-world religion, he will be furious and work to have them killed through the U.N. laws.
- Satan will be able to give “breath,” which is really in the Grk. “spirit” to the image of the beast. The hardware will be possessed somehow with the spirit of a fallen angel or demon.
Rev 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
- The pope will implement 666, not the antichrist!
Rev 13:17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.
The Lamb and the 144,000
Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.
- THIS CHAPTER IS A VIEW OF THIRD HEAVEN.
- THIS MOUNT ZION IS IN THIRD HEAVEN. Notice they are still in front of the four living creatures and elders in verse 3.
- they were killed by the antichrist and his people.
- Notice the Lamb Jesus is there but this is before He even comes to earth. He does not even come to earth until Rev 19. So where is this “Mount Zion”? It must be in Third Heaven for it says it happens before the Throne of God and the Living Creatures and Elders.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps.
Rev 14:3 And they *sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.
- The distinctions of the Overcomers.
Rev 14:5 And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless.
The Messages of the Three Angels
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;
- This Gospel is preached not during the Tribulation but to those who enter into the Millennial Kingdom on the next day, i.e. survivors. Note the timing is during “Fallen! Fallen!” meaning the DAY of the last seven plagues – the last day when Jesus touches down.
Rev 14:7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”
Rev 14:8 And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality.”
- Same day as Rev_18:2!
Rev 14:9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
Rev 14:10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11 “And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
Rev 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.
- Christians will be here for the mark.
- Matches timing of Rev_13:10
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them.”
What Is The Harvest of the Earth?
Rev 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud was one like a son of man, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand.
- This is THE Rapture of those left on earth including the 2 witnesses.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying out with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle and reap, for the hour to reap has come, because the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
- Rapture first, then the harvest of wrath vs. 18. Rev_14:15-16; Joe_3:13
Rev 14:16 Then He who sat on the cloud swung His sickle over the earth, and the earth was reaped.
Rev 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, and he also had a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:18 Then another angel, the one who has power over fire, came out from the altar; and he called with a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, “Put in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, because her grapes are ripe.”
- Armageddon – harvest of God’s wrath.
Rev 14:19 So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God.
Rev 14:20 And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses’ bridles, for a distance of two hundred miles.
- THIS IS THE END OF THE VISION THAT STARTED IN Rev_12:1
- The armies of the antichrist will be defeated and their blood will rise to the height of a horse bridle for 1,600 furlongs (about 200 miles).
A lake of blood will be produced in the valley of Megiddo when the wrath of God is poured out on the armies of the antichrist and those that accompany them.
- The armies of the antichrist will be defeated and their blood will rise to the height of a horse bridle for 1,600 furlongs (about 200 miles).